It wasn't until one winter weekend, that i discovered that flowers talk also. And believe me, when i saw that happen, i was rather bewildered and then rather confused when they calmly stopped conversing and settled peacefully into the lush green vicinity of my front garden. I had come back from school and was extremely frustrated with life for i had had a bad day- full of horrible sums and questions and answers and poems! I was fretting over petty things and wasting my life!
I walked into the garden exasperated with my homework and books and threw myself onto a chair. Aimlesly, i began plucking some strands of weed and tossed them into one of the flower beds, when i heard a silent chuckle...
"It seems your aim is rather fine.."
I turned around to find that a stricking flower had risen from the spot where the weed strand had landed. And before i knew it, some dozen pretty things had grown around me from the multitudes of weed i had thrown. They all gapped at me rather haughtily as if saying "Look at us, we're so beautiful!!!"
"Why don't you come to us more often?" said one rose.
"We occasioanlly need a human friends" said another
"But why are you so sad?" asked a fresh golden marigold one.
"Oh, he's just feeling jealous of us! He wants to be a flower" answered a petunia before i could even move.
I really liked that reply and found it extremely courageous of the little plant to say something like that to a "human" as big and vicious as me.
Thus i realised a few things and made note of them in my brain:-
a-Small things are also as pretty and lovely as big appealing ones
b-It takes something as random as a flower to bring joy
c-One should not fret over things of nominal importance
The flowers just intrigued me. I visit them often now and always seem to find my share of happiness.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment